- In this second project, I have two important objectives to explore. The first is to introduce colour into my exhibition. Currently, the exhibition has been realised with black etching on transparent acrylic and layered glass, but I want to enhance the realism of my designs by using colours natural to the scenarios I am working with. Examples include the fiery orange of sunset, the calm blue of flowing water, and the silver lining of mountain skies.
- Another important objective will be to add text to my exhibition. The plan is to project type around or above the exhibition, rather than etching it onto the layered pieces themselves. Both the colours and type will require light projection to achieve. I will experiment with laser-cutting acrylic into right-sized circles to affix to a light projector, and etch text on these, for use in my exhibition.
- A key outcome is to see the range of text that can emerge from this process. I would like to discover key words, phrases and/or sentences that will really boost my exhibition. Another outcome will be to investigate the best method for introducing text into my exhibition. I will begin with using light projection, but am open to more effective methods. In this way, I will learn different techniques.
- Developing my work further, based on feedback from my colleagues.
- A further outcome will be to see which materials work best to introduce the gradients of delicate, natural colours that I require for my exhibition.